Non-Functional Testing Services
What is it?
- Non-functional testing of performance, security, usability and operational aspects of the system under test
- Understanding your system’s non-functional requirements can be difficult. The skill sets required for non-functional performance testing may be too specialist to retain in-house on a full-time basis.
- Infuse provides capability to define, build and execute tests for non-functional requirements.
- Technical knowledge of hardware, networks , security and operational support activities
- Capacity to identify and structure efficient and effective tests.
How does it work?
- Infuse provides services for non-functional testing to help you correctly establish your non-functional requirements, adhere to best practice and give you access to the specialist skills as and when you need them. We’re also happy to provide guidance to help you set up an internal capability in these areas or provide ad hoc support to supplement your internal team.
- We provide these services in a staff augmentation or managed service capacity.
Which issues does it address?
- Inefficiency – Software releases are delayed by non-functional faults.
- Ineffectiveness – System behaviour does not meet expectations with real infrastructure. System failures are not discovered and treated properly.
How does it help?
- Faster – Release software faster and more often by knowing that non-functional issues have been addressed
- Smarter – Enable stakeholders to have greater visibility about the reliability of the system.
- Better – Confirm that the system meets expectations in order to gain confidence with stakeholders and users and protect corporate image through defect prevention.